Author
Topic: $100 EKG 8131172, 8131174  (Read 4834 times)
Tommy6301
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:49:31 am »

Hello Forum members!
i have 2  notes $100 Serial numbers EKG 8131172,8131174
are they a replacement note? what are they worth?
don't have a new catalog CPM Any input would be appreciate
cheers
Tommy6301
Shylo
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 03:28:58 am »

Sheet replacements... depending on condition 100-200
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 04:20:25 pm »

Forum members should have access to the most updated replacement note listings via the Serial Number Database.  Simply click the "serial number db" button at the top of any forum page, log in using your existing forum screen name and password, and find the link to current insert note ranges. 

The GPM catalogue contains only known insert ranges up to a couple of months before publication.  The catalogue is not the authority on insert notes, it only reports what is known, and new insert ranges are being found all year round.

No hay banda  
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 05:48:16 pm »

The catalogue is not the authority on insert notes, it only reports what is known, and new insert ranges are being found all year round.

So does the catalogue solely rely on research being produced through SNDB by the senior members of this forum? and would the SNDB considered an authority?

I have wondered would it not be easier to get the information from the Bank of Canada and/or their printers (probably a dumb question). I mean what would be their reason to make life so difficult for a group of people who are trying to promote the collection of bank notes.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 10:31:58 pm »

Certain members of the forum work in conjunction with Gilles Pomerleau who is "the guy" when it comes to inserts.  Many brick hunters report their finds to GP and only to GP.  Input from paper money researchers ensures that the ranges of insert notes determined by GP have proper starting and end points.

The question about getting info from the Bank of Canada has been asked before.  The Bank of Canada does nothing to help the hobby of collecting paper money.  It is the complete opposite of the Mint with respect to coin collecting.  The Bank wants you to spend your money, not hold on to it.  Also, it is highly unlikely that the printers or the BoC keep records of insert notes.  All they really care about is how many sheets of notes had to be destroyed and replaced since they pay the costs of printing.  They don't really care if there are numbering gaps here and there in prefixes, nor do they care if bricks are in perfect order or completely mixed up.  All that matters to them at the end of the day is did they get what they paid for.

So does the catalogue solely rely on research being produced through SNDB by the senior members of this forum? and would the SNDB considered an authority?

I have wondered would it not be easier to get the information from the Bank of Canada and/or their printers (probably a dumb question). I mean what would be their reason to make life so difficult for a group of people who are trying to promote the collection of bank notes.

No hay banda  
Tommy6301
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:48:50 pm »

Thanks Shylo, mmars,Rupiah  for all your help
tommy6301

Login with username, password and session length