Author
Topic: $20 miss print  (Read 7972 times)
Jamit
« on: May 08, 2007, 10:47:43 am »

Here is a 20 that i got with the serial printed on both sides of the bill (mirror image on the front). Is this worth something?

???   ???

[attachment deleted by admin]
Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 11:55:20 am »

Yep I would keep that its worth more then face for sure

CPMS Member 1564
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 01:17:40 pm »

I am a little confused as to why the offset serial number on the front of the note is the same as that
on the reverse of the note ?  Shouldn't it be the serial number of the next sequential note ?

It also appears that the mirrored "G" in the prefix has a different shape than the original "G" on the
back of the note.

Is this a bogus offset error ?

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
bwho9d
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 09:26:30 pm »

Are the serial numbers on paper money stamped on with some machine or are they printed on (like with a printer)?
Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Budding error and variety collector!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 06:01:02 pm »

One of my local dealers here in Victoria is selling a Birds $20 note that is exactly like this, save that the serial # on the front is from the note before it... He wants $150 for it. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Fenian

Error, Variety, and Special Serial Number collector
CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496
bwho9d
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 08:30:53 pm »

I'll be honest .... i'm not able to tell you because i recieved the bill the way you see it but in my opinion, it looks like they stamped the serial number on the right side but for some odd reason, some ink got on the face side. So when the machine stamped the bill the serial numbers got stamped mirror image on the face side.

Yes. For some reason, when they stamped the bill, some ink was on the other side and when the S/N was stamped the back, it also made the shape on the front.

Login with username, password and session length