Author
Topic: $ 2.00 Notes AUN series mintage unknown ***Pics finally added !  (Read 4484 times)
jumbolie

Hello everyone I am new here and this is my first post I hope I do it proper. I have 10 two Dollar bills in sequential order with the letters AUN They range from 5964701  to 5964710. Many years ago when the two dollar bill was being phased out I went to the bank and asked the teller for some new two's for my collection these bills went from the tellers drawer to an envelope and then to my safety deposit box and they are in brand new condition the signatures are Thiessen  Crow. I have a few questions should I spend the money and get these graded, are they worth a lot and should I split them up or keep them as a set. Appreciate any advice you guys have. Thanks Jumbolie

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:09:32 am by jumbolie »
nova7415
  • Errors are the best as there are only 1 of a kind
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 02:50:47 pm »

Hi Jumbolie, Welcome to our Forum and your 1st post is in the correct category ;). With respect to your 10 notes they are of the rarer Bird 2.00 prefixes, as there are an unknown amount printed 8), and in UNC condition book at 125.00 - 160.00 in GUNC 8). If they were my notes, I would test the market first by auctioning off just one, either here on our "Trading Post" or on eBay. I feel that seeing as how high they list for I would think you'd have better luck selling them separately versus consecutive, just my opinion. I would also not pay to have them graded......however see how the 1st sale goes and if you get close to book value there is no need to have them TPG. Good luck with your notes and again welcome to the Forum. Regards, Rob.
jumbolie
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 07:40:01 am »

Thanks Nova I'll consider selling one but I hat to break up the set I would post pictures but having a hard time I finally managed the the size then it was the wrong format LOL ;D Thanks again
moneybags
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 06:30:48 pm »

Hope you don't mind me asking but did you sell any of these notes?
I also have some but with different prefix.
Thx
jumbolie
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 09:15:51 am »

no not as of yet I would like to but tend to hold on longer than I should LOL hoping for the value to rise but if I do I will post it here.

:D ;)

Login with username, password and session length