Author
Topic: i belive this is a radar finally  (Read 4570 times)
bombsquad_22
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:40:41 pm »

is a bill with these numbers worth anything?      $20 note reading:

AZL5175715
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:44:02 pm »

is a bill with these numbers worth anything?      $20 note reading:

AZL5175715
The note is a 3 digit radar and may have a value beyond the $20 depending on its condition

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
bombsquad_22
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:53:50 pm »

well i believe i will have to try and get to a scanner! it is a 2004 with a small tear no bill missing and a crease but is crisp and the sides are good...thanx!
EyeTradeMoney
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 04:41:22 am »

I just realized... at least every 1 note in a 1000 will be a radar. Buy a brick, get radar GEM UNC. Simple.

And at least 1 in 25,000 will be a 2-digit radar or better.

Now that I think about it, if someone had $5 million, he could buy 1 million $5 notes in bricks and he'd have at least one SOLID, 10 X###### type semi-solids, another 10 ######X semi-solids, 1 ladder and a whole bunch of repeaters, radars, rotators, flippers, samplers, PI(3.14159...), swims, birthdays, black jacks, gins and bubbles.

Now if only he could sort them out.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 07:45:06 am »

I just realized... at least every 1 note in a 1000 will be a radar. Buy a brick, get radar GEM UNC. Simple.

And at least 1 in 25,000 will be a 2-digit radar or better.

Now that I think about it, if someone had $5 million, he could buy 1 million $5 notes in bricks and he'd have at least one SOLID, 10 X###### type semi-solids, another 10 ######X semi-solids, 1 ladder and a whole bunch of repeaters, radars, rotators, flippers, samplers, PI(3.14159...), swims, birthdays, black jacks, gins and bubbles.

Now if only he could sort them out.

In theory all looks fine on paper but this is not the case.
First of all you are not guaranteed a radar in every brick because searchers have gotten bricks with no radars in them (depending on denomination many times you get split or mixed bricks) and as for being GEM unc it all depends where the note is found in the brick because cup marks, corner creases, paper ripples, and many other types of handling damage does occur.....along the way
As for other sought after notes you are not guaranteed that your bricks will be in sequence nor in some cases your blocks...
I am sure that other searchers will also confirm that they have had those special notes removed or had disappeared by the time they received the brick..
About 2 months ago the 9000000 brick which was missing from a sequential block was replaced by another brick of a different prefix.
I'm sure this topic has already been discussed in different threads, but most brickers who do this on a regular basis can surely agree that they have been many times when they felt that someone has intentionally manipulated their notes before they received them....some things are just too obvious
FRIEDSQUID
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 07:46:49 am by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length