Author
Topic: History of Bank Mergers  (Read 4489 times)
eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:59:26 am »

Just curious if anyone has a "flow-chart" or "org-chart" which depicts chartered bank merger history in a graphic form sort of like a family tree.  

admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 12:35:14 pm »

Sounds like a fun project. I have Viso and a large format printer, bet I could get it to do the job if you want to feed me the info.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 12:37:28 pm »

I am not aware of one, but it could be produced from data in the 4th Edition of Canadian Bank Notes.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
eastguy
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 08:47:24 pm »

You're correct BWJM. The Canadian Bank Note catalogue contains a list of Bank Mergers and Amalgamations since July 1867 and other tables listing defunct Banks, etc.

;)eastguy

EGUY
eastguy
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 04:04:26 am »

Just to add to this I know each Chartered Bank has published various books regarding their own history. For example, The Bank of Nova Scotia, published three history books ...the first being 1900 (covering 1832 to 1900), the second being 1932 as this was the "one hundreth anniversary", and the most recent 1982 as the 150th anniversary.

Each publication contains full history.

I know a  former active member of this Forum that found a site where you can purchase this type of history (I put mine together the old way).

Anyway, the history is available to those that put forward the effort.

;)eastguy

EGUY

Login with username, password and session length