Author
Topic: Question about a Bank of PEI 5 dollar bill.  (Read 4941 times)
tdrow
« on: January 28, 2007, 09:15:37 pm »

I was recently picked up a Bank of Prince Edward Island 5 Dollar bill dated 1872.  It has is the same as the 10 and 20 dollar bills in the Charlton Canadian Government Paper Money 19th edition 2007, but the Charlton Catalogue does not make any kind of reference to the 5 dollar bill ever being printed.  It has a Serial Number and it seems as though the bill was actually signed by the President of the  Bank of Prince Edward Island with a fountain pen.  Was wondering if there is some kind of reference book or website where I could identify this item.  Thanks.  TDrow
Bob
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 09:41:34 pm »

You'll find it illustrated on page 376 and priced on page 377 of the Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Bank Notes, 5th Edition.
(the catalogue to which you referred lists PEI treasury notes, not Bank of PEI notes)
It's quite a pricey note, with either variety valued at $1,000 up.
I'd be glad to have the details such as sheet number, signatures, overprint if any, etc. for the register of rare Bank of PEI notes. :D

Collecting Canadian since 1955
tdrow
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:28:11 pm »

Excellent, thank-you for your reply.  I spent 2 days googling, could not find any reference. I have a few coin and token reference books but  the Charlton is the only one I have for paper money.  The Serial number is 03774.  I will send you more details in the next few days the ink is faded a little to read the signature perfectly, I am picking up a magnifying glass tomorrow. Thank-you very much for the info.  TDrow.
Bob
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 10:32:58 pm »

I sent you a PM.

Collecting Canadian since 1955
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 10:49:39 pm »

Of course, if we had a scan, we could add it to this page: http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/English/Chartered/p-z.htm

Login with username, password and session length