Author
Topic: E-Bay  (Read 7521 times)
standeasy
« on: April 22, 2006, 02:40:22 pm »

As an item of interest check into E-bay item 8410167176. ??????
Tom
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS Life Member #96
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 03:37:06 pm »

Now that is a good one, I think the seller needs to do his homework.   :o

Tom  
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 04:35:07 pm »

Maybe it's one of those error notes where BOTH asterisks are missing LOL!  ;)

(I know - that ain't possible either - there's no such thing as a *GR replacement note :P).

eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 10:08:02 pm »

Hmmm....mebbee this is a rare GR test note!!!!

polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 11:29:28 pm »

You know... You guys and gals can make life so fun.  I like the comments.  Made my day

Cheers

Polarbear
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 12:23:57 am »

I find it difficult not to close this thread based on our rules about eBay and not posting links to auctions, etc, or even making comments regarding sellers, etc.

This conversation would have been totally fine if the original poster would have simply presented the image of the note, mentioned how it was mislabelled and left it open for comments. By referring to eBay, it brings in the seller of the note and puts a name to the note, linking comments such as one already made in this very thread back to an individual. Posting only an image means that such comments are faceless and don't get associated with an identifiable person.

Please be reminded about the rules, and craft your posts appropriately.

Thanks!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
standeasy
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 06:38:09 am »

Sorry about that I did not have a thorough understanding of the rules and ot will not happen again. I apoligize to all concerned for my error.
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 05:55:55 am »

This note sold for $1.00 plus $5.00 US for shipping. I'm glad nobody got ripped off to badly.

Gary_T
Travsy
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 10:16:56 pm »

I find it difficult not to close this thread based on our rules about eBay and not posting links to auctions, etc, or even making comments regarding sellers, etc.

This conversation would have been totally fine if the original poster would have simply presented the image of the note, mentioned how it was mislabelled and left it open for comments. By referring to eBay, it brings in the seller of the note and puts a name to the note, linking comments such as one already made in this very thread back to an individual. Posting only an image means that such comments are faceless and don't get associated with an identifiable person.

Please be reminded about the rules, and craft your posts appropriately.

Thanks!

What's the big deal? If someone is stupid or worse, blatantly misrepresenting a note you'd think the CPMS would want people to be in the know, eBay or anywhere else for that matter. I mean the CPMS sets the grading standards..sorry endorses the standards of the Charlton and is a serious organization afterall, jeez. Besides some of the descriptions on ebay are funny.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 10:27:42 pm by Travsy »
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 04:42:08 pm »

The ebay thread was closed following problems. Good things and bad things can be said about almost any person who sells on ebay. The good things may be coming from the person himself or someone closely related to that person. Bad things can be from any source or for reasons that have nothing to do with the seller. All show bias.

If one just posted a picture of the item on ebay, with comments like, here is the note, what do others think? Without linking to the sale, and without commenting on the grading ability or shipping costs. Such comments, although well intended, lead to all sorts of problems outside of the posted rules of the forum.

Read some of the earlier postings, for an idea of what to avoid.

That forum has been closed, and I hope on a permanent basis.

Rick
Travsy
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 09:36:43 pm »

I'm aware of the old ebay forum and why all threads are usually closed.
No matter, it is unfair to target ebay sellers when idiocy and kink with the brick and mortar sellers is as bad if not worse. Course a person could do em both.....

Login with username, password and session length