Author
Topic: 1954 $1 with no serial #'s  (Read 3998 times)
Collector-in-BC
« on: January 19, 2007, 01:19:28 am »

I was wondering if there are any known 1954 $1 with legit missing serial #'s printing errors? The reason I ask is that I came across this note (see below) and was wondering if this could be a legit error note or have the serial #'s been removed. The condition of the note tells me the latter but I thought I'd ask.

Wanted: Unc 1954 Beattie-Rasminsky *B/D $10
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 01:25:22 pm »

Please take a look at the ERRORS thread started by Archey80 re: Missing # of 1954 $2.00 where this topic is discussed.

I've copied the address here:
http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1165379386/10#10

I've posted an image of a !954 $1.00 note which had its serial numbers removed.  You can barely see the missing microprinting --  but it helps if you squint or step well back from the monitor -- its almost surprising to see how the outlines show up.  

I suggest you do the same for your note.  It could be legit (yes missing serial numbers are a legitimate error -- but they have been known to be "manufactured")

If you inspect it closely you may see the missing microprinting -- or its in tact.  If the microprinting is in tact -- its likely legitimate.  For a second opinion - attend a show.

Hope this helps...

Collector-in-BC
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 01:46:39 am »

Thanks walktothewater!

Wanted: Unc 1954 Beattie-Rasminsky *B/D $10

Login with username, password and session length