Author
Topic: Unc from Bank Machine  (Read 3619 times)
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: September 16, 2006, 04:02:57 pm »

Here is a topic for discussion.

Can you recieve Unc from a Bank Machine?

I ponder this question because everytime I recieve notes and i belive they are unc from a bank machine, they have a small roller crease. Hardly noticable but there.   I have recieved sequences of 3-10 notes all in "roller" unc.  They  became spenders after that.

In Charlton, unc is "without fold,creases, blemishes etc.  AU is regarded of light fold or 2 or 3 light counting creases.

What are your thoughts

Polarbear
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 06:36:41 pm »

Tough Question....  :-/

I Would say from a TECHNICAL standpoint it would be AU+ (AU 55)

BUT Under the proposed "New" System it COULD be considered a form of UNC (UNC 60?)

Just my Thoughts....  ;)

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 08:16:27 pm »

I also noticed this mark, but it doesn't happen on each machine.  This roller is probably a pressure roller to ensure that the right count is put in the slot.  Depending of the ATM, the pressure is more or less strongly applied.  If you want to attenuate or even stop completly this effect, you should withdraw 25 notes at time, when there is enough paper to cushion the roller and most of the notes are without mark (only the top ones maybe slightly marked).  But if you aren't lucky, the first note could a radar :-[, so you get the mark...It already happened to me...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 08:17:35 pm by copperpete »

hanmer
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 09:37:05 pm »

I've also received UNC $20's as well from bank machines. Most unusual thing is that the bank machine I make most of my withdrawls from usually gives out the rattiest money going. I'm not sure how some of this stuff doesn't get stuck  coming out.

:)
sudzee
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 12:08:35 am »

Picked up a brick of 20s and 10s today. Not one BTB $10 note was cup or ripple free. 100% of the EZC brick had ripples and about 90% had the cutting cup. About 20% of the notes had roller marks as well. Nice notes are really tough to find.

Gary
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 12:49:40 am »

I Agree with Sudz!  :)

Even the Journey $5 Notes are getting tougher.... Pretty beat up, really banged up corners. I Hope this is not an indication that the new $5 Notes will be all rippled and have cup marks (I know the answer will be yes).  :(

$10 Notes have been REALLY bad and are not getting any better either.  :-/

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!

Login with username, password and session length