Author
Topic: Do not change the title of a thread!!!  (Read 5330 times)
Tom
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS Life Member #96
« on: September 24, 2006, 12:57:16 am »

I have noticed lately that many members have changed the title of a thread to create their own reply to the thread.  This will lead to off topic posts.  I am sure I am not alone here, but if I find any changed or modified titles which would take the thread "off topic", I will remove that reply totally.... period, no questions asked.     >:(

Not to be a prick about it, but it would be frustrating to the original author of the thread.

Tom
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 12:58:28 am by Tom »

Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 10:18:27 am »

Do not change the title of a thread !!!

I've been guilty of doing this in the past --- very sorry!

I always assumed that it was OK to change the title of a thread when replying simply because it's POSSIBLE to change the title of a thread after one has pressed the "Reply" button. Since it's possible to do it, I logically assumed that it was entirely acceptable to do it --- almost like an invitation.

If it's possible to modify the Forum software in order to "freeze" the thread title after the Reply button has been pressed then that would solve the problem once and for all.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 03:54:47 pm by Ottawa »

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 09:43:35 am »

I agree, Tom. Changing the title makes for one messy looking block of dis-connected script. Same problem on the coin site, although it flows differently than this site.

Rick

Login with username, password and session length