Author
Topic: Older Bank notes  (Read 3073 times)
tommyboy
  • Paper Money is Fantastic!
« on: June 04, 2008, 02:40:37 pm »

As a fairly new paper money collector, 5 years, how come all I see on the form is form members talking about bank note above the year 1935?
Is there less interest in the earlier Canadian bank notes like 1900, 1923 etc?
The same goes for Canadian "scrip" notes. I feel there is a wealth of notes and information that can add to ones knowledge of paper money collecting.
For the replies I guess most form members seem like 30 years old range. is that true?
Tommyboy---older than 60. 
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 05:19:07 pm »

The price is certainly a factor. Many more members can afford the recent BOC notes and this result in increase topics revolving around these notes. Being able to aquire them in high grades and for the most part cheap is a big factor.

Rest assured that many of the members are ver knowlegable in older note and always ready to answer your question

KC's Canadian Currency
Elwoodbluesca
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Metro Coin & Banknote Company - Toronto Coin Expo
    • Metro Coin & Banknote Company
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 04:21:24 pm »

Hello Tommyboy,

Some of us young collectors do collect and like the older notes as well.
I myself do collect older notes (chartered banks and pre 1935), but since they are so expensive, I can only acquire a few each year as my finances allow. As for Script notes, I have not yet ventured into that realm yet, but I am sure over time I may. I enjoy the history behind the older notes along with the why and how they came to be.

www.metrocbc.com - Metro Coin & Banknote Company
www.torontocoinexpo.ca - Toronto Coin Expo
President - Canadian Paper Money Society #1605
Director - J. Douglas Ferguson Foundation

Login with username, password and session length