Author
Topic: New signature  (Read 4001 times)
tommyboy
  • Paper Money is Fantastic!
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:19:38 pm »

On what bank note is the new signature "CARNEY" (or whatever) showing up on?
 Thanks ---Tommyboy
Elwoodbluesca
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Metro Coin & Banknote Company - Toronto Coin Expo
    • Metro Coin & Banknote Company
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 03:50:39 pm »

The only information is what has been heard through the grape vine. The new Signature was going to show up in the $50, and then the $5. The other denominations release times are still not known as far as I know.

It was originally thought that the new signature was going to be released into circulation early-summer, and that they would have been seen at the CNA in Ottawa.

It is believed that the original release date of the $50 and $5 were both delayed into circulation, thus I would assume that the other denomination would also be delayed.

From the information posted on the forum, and gathered personally, these are the only two known confirmed denominations ($50's & $5's) with the new signature at this time in circulation, and they were found in early autumn.

Just give it time and you will start seeing the other denominations with new signatures. Just keep the forum up to date with your new finds.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 03:57:31 pm by Elwoodbluesca »

www.metrocbc.com - Metro Coin & Banknote Company
www.torontocoinexpo.ca - Toronto Coin Expo
President - Canadian Paper Money Society #1605
Director - J. Douglas Ferguson Foundation
tommyboy
  • Paper Money is Fantastic!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 05:09:16 pm »

Thank you for the information on the new signature.  Tommyboy
FogDevil
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 07:13:36 am »

I haven't seen any of such notes appear in my region.  It would be truly miraculous if they see light here by Christmas, but I am not counting on it.  I will be putting my money on them coming here next March or April due to the dry spell for shopping after Christmas.  After all, it did take quite a while for the $10s printed in 2005 to finally make its way here, and the $20s printed in 2007 the same way.  Usually a five- or six-month delay prevails when new print years end up seeing light in my region.  It was just pure coincidence that BES (the first Jenkins/Dodge signature $10 notes) did surface just shortly after that prefix was first reported to the CPMF back in July 2004, but that trend sure won't prevail today, sadly.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 07:17:40 am by FogDevil »
StormThief24
  • Wiki Editor
  • That's a *DE replacement... If only it were mine..
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 11:16:34 am »

You mean the first Je-Do full prefix printed in 2004. BEL, I believe was the first Je-Do $10 non-changeover prefix.

Back with new packaging, same great wiki editor!
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 04:10:13 pm »

I'm not sure what you're referring to, FD.... BES was a complete run, nothing special about it. BER contained a printing year changeover. BEK contained the first Jenkins/Dodge $10 notes. BEU was the first prefix of the Issue of 2005 upgraded $10 notes.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
FogDevil
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 07:09:05 am »

I'm not sure what you're referring to, FD.... BES was a complete run, nothing special about it. BER contained a printing year changeover. BEK contained the first Jenkins/Dodge $10 notes. BEU was the first prefix of the Issue of 2005 upgraded $10 notes.
Apologies for the misleading information...What I meant was BES being the first J/D $10 prefix released in Canada ever.  It was printed in 2004, and was seen in Canada for the first time in July 2004.  BEL, along with other "Printed in 2003" $10 notes did not appear until early 2005.  BES was seen in Canada long before BEL came along.

Thanks for pointing it out, Brent.  :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:04:06 am by FogDevil »

Login with username, password and session length