Author
Topic: Forum members that sell on Ebay  (Read 4521 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:42:21 pm »

I was just wondering if any forum members who sell on ebay would be willing to list their ebay sellers name as part of this topic. I have found in the past that I have bought something on Ebay and then later realized that it was an active member on the forum. Personally, if I had a good experience dealing with the member here whether it be on the trading post or other sections it gives one a sense of confidence when bidding on an item they have on Ebay as well. Does anyone else feel that this is a good idea.?  I haven't been a member here long enough to know who does and doesn't sell regularly on Ebay.
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
only4teeth
  • Forum Moderators
  • CPMS Member 1489
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 07:59:31 pm »

I use the same name on both the forum and ebay.

Scott  aka only4teeth  ...... and yes, I have more than 4 teeth  ( for now )
viauauto
  • CPMS MEMBER #1625
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 08:53:18 pm »

Me too I'm using the same name..... viauauto here viauauto on ebay !

P.S. I wish that a Ebay seller name jazz*55 some here to say is real name and new ebay name..

8) Patrick  8)

8) Patrick 8)
* Solids 1 Digit & Error Notes 4 Life*
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 09:03:21 pm »

P.S. I wish that a Ebay seller name jazz*55 some here to say is real name and new ebay name..
Still never got my note yet :'(

kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 10:08:32 pm »

You can find me under the same name on eBay as well

KC's Canadian Currency
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 11:44:05 pm »

I'm Cdn_journey on eBay and I'm selling off a major portion of my collection right now.   A lot of my notes have been going below book since I've been grading conservatively.  Satisfaction is my priority.

James

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 08:03:03 am »

Be careful, eBay has privacy rules about sharing the contact information of other eBay members.  If an eBay member wanted to be known in this forum, they would volunteer their ID.
I really didn't think that this would be a problem, but I guess if it is then Brett will shut the thread down.
In the meantime, I accept PM's of members that don't have a problem in disclosing this TOP SECRET Information 8)

Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 07:55:38 pm »

I was just wondering if any forum members who sell on ebay would be willing to list their ebay sellers name as part of this topic.

That's a loaded question! Don't forget that many (most?) ebay sellers have more than one userID. Some of the most high profile sellers of Canadian currency on ebay have multiple ID's. One in particular carries an immense stock and sells under 5 or 6 (and possibly more?) identities while another sells under one identity and buys under two or more other identities. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it!

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
nova7415
  • Errors are the best as there are only 1 of a kind
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 12:17:22 am »

I also use the same name on the forum and ebay ::) Oh Oh now I've done it....I hope ebay doesn't suspend my account :o.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 06:10:29 pm »

I understand that many members here have reservations about revealing their eBay identity- connecting it to their forum member identity- sharing such info.  I understand it because that info can come back to haunt you when members here compete for the same note, etc.    I may be paranoid -- but I know in the past I've had others track my eBay activity and bid on whatever I bid on.  There was a while there when I couldn't win a thing.  I just had to stop bidding for a long while (and once I even changed my eBay identity).

One in particular carries an immense stock and sells under 5 or 6 (and possibly more?) identities while another sells under one identity and buys under two or more other identities.

I think this is a shame but I know it happens and I understand why it happens.  Its not easy selling on eBay.  There's simply too many fees involved so it makes it very difficult to make anything on certain notes (unless they're found by the seller).

Another phenomenon: members often notify when a rare note is found and being auctioned on eBay.  Suddenly this note has 15-20 people who're tracking it, and it sells far above book.  Sometimes its hard to sell a great note...so I understand why all these things occur.

Login with username, password and session length