Author
Topic: High/Low Lists - NEW FORMAT  (Read 5174 times)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« on: February 09, 2006, 08:44:05 pm »

Since we upgraded the forums to YaBB2.1, we lost the functionality of the spreadsheet module, and with it, the ability to nicely list out our High/Low Lists.

I spent some time experimenting with an idea and I have found a solution that seems to work for us.

Some of the changes include:
  • The lists are on a different website because they do not integrate with the forums unfortunately.
  • Colour! Not just black and white anymore!
  • No more postal codes. They served what purpose exactly?
  • No more signature column, since it's always the same throughout each page.
  • Less "junk" data: Only highs and lows approaching 0000000, 9999999 and changeovers are tracked. Not highs and lows around insert ranges. The tracking of insert notes is beyond the scope of this project.
  • Confirmed and suspected insert ranges are listed for the benefit of our members. This information is obtained from Gilles Pomerleau's published lists with his permission and reposted on our site.
  • Special types of rows have merged columns for better visual appeal.
  • No character limit that restricts the amount of information in one page.
  • The lists are now much easier to edit and maintain and are therefore considerably less of a burden for our hard-working moderators.
You can visit the main page by clicking here.

[size=12]Go directly to the new, reformatted lists: Click here.[/size]

As the high/low moderators are able to update their lists, the existing ones still on the forums will be removed to avoid confusion. Links will be provided in all cases to the new lists.

We welcome your comments, suggestions and constructive criticisms regarding this new project. Thank you for your patience during the time when the lists were not working as we were used to.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 08:45:09 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:00:57 pm »

Say, what happened to the 1954 *N/Y registry, I can't find it anymore. I just happen to have one to report.

*N/Y 0702070

I guess I have to go to my Safety deposit box to get and scan it for you guys. Yes, it is a Radar too.

Punkys Dad

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 11:07:38 pm »

Nice!! An * N/Y radar!
Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 11:40:42 pm »

GREAT NOTE. What grade??

CPMS Member 1564
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 01:03:19 am »

It appears to be around VF condition and has the usual 3 creases as if it had been folded twice over. I dug up my old note collection list of what I have in my Safety deposit box and it bought back some memories of my single days when I didn't have a family to support. I'll just have to find a day off so I could go to my bank, dust off the box and scan the note. I recall getting it from a local bourse in Vancouver some years ago from a retiring dealer just because I felt it was a nice little novelty item as a Radar/replacement note more than the prefix significance. So I came from an era where I just bought Replacements, some radars, and theme notes (International stuff with bird pix.) Guess it'll would of been nice if it were UNC. The concept of Insert ranges almost makes my head swim.

Punkys Dad

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon

Login with username, password and session length