Author
Topic: your most unusual find  (Read 4150 times)
bc_collect
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:47:42 am »

Hi everybody

Just wanted to know what was your most unusual find, it being just one note being UNC/used, being in a brick, or in a bundle.

One of mine was while beachcombing, finding an AOB insert on the beach.  :) :)
moneycow
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:17:07 am »

I once withdrew $300 in 20s from a Royal Bank ATM.  When I got home I realized there was a $100 in the middle of the pile, which now totalled $380.  Now sure how that happened but as the monopoly dude says, "bank error - my favour".  ;)

moneycow
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 10:43:37 pm »

A plain small brown unmarked small tattered envelope that was difficult to sweep up, it contained a worn 1749 Spanish 8R silver piece found in a pile of floor sweepings while cleaning up after a large local coin show back in the 90's. Otherwise nothing unusual in the banknote end I can think of.

PD

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
actuary6
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 01:36:01 am »

I once withdrew $300 in 20s from a Royal Bank ATM.  When I got home I realized there was a $100 in the middle of the pile, which now totalled $380.  Now sure how that happened but as the monopoly dude says, "bank error - my favour".  ;)

moneycow

That's funny because the opposite happened to me last month.  I withdrew $80 from a BMO ATM and I got three $20 and one $5!
standeasy
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 07:20:32 pm »

My most unusual find was some time ago around 1976. Iwas buying banknotes from local people, after advertising in the newspapers, and on one such ocassion I bought a wallet that had several notes in it.
 I paid a fair price for what was contained therein and went on my way. I was doing a lot of buying in those days.
It was a couple of months later that I was going through the notes that I had bought, to house and catalogue them properly,  I noticed a flap in the billfold container part of the wallet. I opened it up and much to my surprise I found a 1954 Devils Head asterisk note, now known  as BC-31aA.
I couldn't remember who I bought it from but in the over all picture it didn't make a lot of difference because a year later I was displaying notes for Canada Coin week at a Mall Show and during the show it vanished.
Live and learn.

Login with username, password and session length