Author
Topic: 1986 $2 Major Cutting Error  (Read 9007 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 07:28:20 pm »

I can't believe that with less than 15 minutes to go the $2 miscut bill is already at $55.00 CDN and the $1.00 miscut is at $63.00 CDN
The guy even says is a round about way that they are probably from sheets (I assume to cover himself so that it can be said that "I TOLD YOU SO")

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
KrispyNote
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 09:02:53 pm »

it's sad really,The original post in this thread should have been edited, Yes now we have exposed the sham, but it still would be bad if someone who didnt know pm'd him and made a huge offer thinking it was legit!!!
to me its a poor post, I have purchased from some on this board and now I know one I will steer completley away from!
Trust in this hobby is everything!!!
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 09:25:24 pm »

What is even more sad is that this seller has now just updated his site and is now selling the 1967 gold flag note, the LOON note and the Polar Bear note.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:10:05 pm by BWJM »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 11:09:18 pm »

Talking negatively about another individual is considered libel and is against the rules. Posts of this nature will be edited. Please keep this in mind.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
EyeTradeMoney
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 05:05:24 am »

"Fraud" is such a strong word. Nobody is trying to sell that note for a fortune. I bought it for $20 for the fun of it. I think cutting these notes like that directly from the sheet is quite a bit of work. Most aren't cut parallel. And so I think it should be worth more than the $6 indicated in the book.

If I ever sell it, I'll sell it for the $20 I bought it for.

If the seller mentions that it's from a sheet and a buyer is whilling to pay $60 for it, there is nothing of "sad" in it. He can display the note in a showcase and have it as a conversation piece with his guests. It's not like the seller is lying about it and trying to make thousands with it.

Meanwhile, can someone tell me what's with the "Gold Flag", "loon note", "polar bear" note? Did I miss something?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:07:45 am by EyeTradeMoney »

Login with username, password and session length