Author
Topic: Unissuable  (Read 4541 times)
SaintMichael999
« on: June 08, 2012, 12:13:20 pm »

Is this a stamp from a bank or such, or just someone fooling around?

{http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/6959/img0846me.jpg:http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/6959/img0846me.th.jpg}

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 12:48:01 pm »

This isn't the first time a stamp like this has been seen.

Is there anything about the note that might make it unfit for circulation?

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
SaintMichael999
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:00:59 pm »

Its cut a bit short on one side , but its also a replacement note EZG 9939295.  Other than that I don't see anything wrong with it.

JB-2007
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 04:36:04 pm »

When banks get notes that are in no good shape to give out is it possible that they stamp them with "Unissuable"?
For example about a year ago i had gone to the bank machine, the machine gave me a 20 that had a big chunk of it cut off. Obviously i can't use this at any store so i went to the counter and asked for a new one. So my question is the damaged note... What did they do with it?
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 07:05:33 pm »

When banks get notes that are in no good shape to give out is it possible that they stamp them with "Unissuable"?
For example about a year ago i had gone to the bank machine, the machine gave me a 20 that had a big chunk of it cut off. Obviously i can't use this at any store so i went to the counter and asked for a new one. So my question is the damaged note... What did they do with it?

Not that I know of.... As long as the damaged note has both serials intact then you should have no problem exchanging it at the bank. If a portion of one of the serials is missing then banks will exchange at their discretion. All damaged notes are sent as "mutilated" to the Bank of Canada for recording and destruction.

Login with username, password and session length