Author
Topic: How do I post a picture/link/whatever  (Read 4858 times)
Agio
« on: August 31, 2007, 09:38:03 am »

Hi
Asked one of the admins but they never got back to me. How do I post a picture on the site?
Thanks in advance
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 10:17:49 am »

If you want to post a picture just select the ADDITIONAL OPTIONS Choice under the message box.  You can add an attachment there. Only thing is that there is a size limit that the picture can be.  You can try adding it and if it is not accepted you can shrink it in any software package you have or even in Paint.
Good luck

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 10:20:45 am »

If that does not work just let me know. I have a web host that I can post your image for a couple weeks where the size does not matter.

Then I will send you the link for posting here

KC's Canadian Currency
Agio
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 01:25:50 am »

thx both.
bwho9d
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 01:00:05 am »

There are tons of free 3rd party image hosting sites out there. One of my favorites is http://imageshack.us. The images won't "expire" and you are allowed to hotlink them (directly post them without the need to credit the site). They have a 1.5 MB file limit though.

You should try your web space provided by your Internet Service Provider. Many have web space. Contact them.
Agio
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 08:01:29 pm »

Okay that didn't work.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:26:29 pm by Agio »
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:39:37 pm »

I am getting the following error message when trying to attach a small 22K file to my post:

"The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator."

Has anybody else experienced this problem today or tonight ?

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
bwho9d
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 08:44:28 pm »

"The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator."

The forum's web host probably has a space limit and the upload folder is set to reject uploads after a size is reached. When reached, it will display this message.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:46:44 pm by Neon Zidane »
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 08:57:40 pm »

Okay that didn't work.

You could open an account at www.photobucket.com [it's free!], upload images to your photobucket account and use basic HTML code to post photos (or links to the photos) from photobucket to this site.

Once you've uploaded a picture to photobucket:

-tick the box that appears under the thumbnail of the image.
-click "Generate HTML and IMG Code".
-click on the text in the box under "IMG images for message boards".  It will automatically be copied.
-paste the "img" code into the body of your message on this forum.

If the resulting image comes out too large, instead of selecting the text in the "IMG images for message boards" box, select the text in the "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" box.  Then whoever reads your message on this forum can view the full-size image by clicking on the thumbnail [like the $20 error note pictured below].

bwho9d
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 09:15:04 pm »

Ughh...PhotoBucket has a nasty size limit. :(
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 09:15:31 pm »

I am getting the following error message when trying to attach a small 22K file to my post:

Has anybody else experienced this problem today or tonight ?
Fixed. The attachments folder ran out of space. I've cleared all attachments older than 90 days.

If anyone wants to post a picture with any kind of longevity, use ImageShack or PhotoBucket per above.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Agio
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 09:50:31 am »

Ty Venga.

Login with username, password and session length