Author
Topic: Old Money Discovered  (Read 10436 times)
StormThief24
  • Wiki Editor
  • That's a *DE replacement... If only it were mine..
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 02:21:57 am »

I wish I had a chance to get at this hoard, or else I could have "disposed" of the notes for the cleaning crew :D.

Back with new packaging, same great wiki editor!
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 09:50:59 pm »

A well known seller has many notes for sale on ebay right now from an old hoard. I wonder if this is from the same hoard.

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian
nova7415
  • Errors are the best as there are only 1 of a kind
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 12:07:59 am »

If you are referring to the several lots of notes, around 9 or 12, from a hoard being sold by eBay seller "Ma's Attic", they were delisted by eBay. I know because I had bid on 6 lots and eBay sent me their notice that they had been pulled ???. Does any member know the actual reason why these certain lots were delisted? I know that she is in good standing and I have bought some of her notes in the past.
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 12:12:22 am »

A well known seller has many notes for sale on ebay right now from an old hoard. I wonder if this is from the same hoard.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. The notes were deleted from eBay because of a Power Seller logo infraction but they have since been relisted and are experiencing heavy bidding activity.

The seller (ma*s_attic) is the same seller who offered several Choice/Gem Unc $50 1937 Osborne-Towers notes a year or two ago but they turned out to be pressed. The seller has been rumoured to have links to a Canadian operation.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:15:31 am by Ottawa »

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
StormThief24
  • Wiki Editor
  • That's a *DE replacement... If only it were mine..
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 02:31:42 am »

If you are referring to the several lots of notes, around 9 or 12, from a hoard being sold by eBay seller "Ma's Attic", they were delisted by eBay. I know because I had bid on 6 lots and eBay sent me their notice that they had been pulled ???. Does any member know the actual reason why these certain lots were delisted? I know that she is in good standing and I have bought some of her notes in the past.

I was wondering why the listing was shown as unavailable for a *DE note I was watching for the wiki when I looked at the bookmark I saved. The problem is, what is the entire reason as to these listings were pulled, because all we have to go on is rumors and hearsay.

EDIT: Apparently, it was because of the fact that the user had been inactive for a while, so the PowerSeller designation had lapsed, even though the PowerSeller mark was still in the logo.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 02:33:21 am by platyfish124 »

Back with new packaging, same great wiki editor!

Login with username, password and session length