Author
Topic: Is there any papermoney clubs in southwestern ontario?  (Read 2900 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« on: March 18, 2009, 06:42:51 pm »

I was just wondering if there was a papermoney club anywhere in Southwestern Ontario. I know of a few coin clubs, but papermoney is not really a part of most clubs.  I am assuming because there is just not enough interest in the hobby in a region to warrant it.  Has anyone ever thought of trying to start a club ...like say in the Waterloo area  hint hint... Would be neat to get together once a month to maybe sell, trade, show off new finds, etc..
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:17:25 pm »

All "coin" clubs are generally very welcoming to collectors who are interested primarily in paper money. Most clubs have auctions and at least in the case of the Waterloo Coin Society, they almost always include some paper money.

To answer your question though, no I am not aware of any clubs that are specifically devoted to paper money, at least not at anything lower than the national level. From provincial down to local, they're all "coin" clubs, which should be interpreted as numismatics in general, or "collectibles" clubs such as the Mississauga-Etobicoke Coin, Stamp and Collectibles Club (MECSCC).

For you, either the Waterloo Coin Society, or the South Wellington Coin Society would be the closest.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
harwil4u2
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:58:55 am »

Calgary doesn`t have one, but at our coin club everyone wants to know what the new insert. So the interest in paper money is there.

Login with username, password and session length