Author
Topic: New to SNDB  (Read 3651 times)
Skylark
  • Money Talks... but all mine ever says is Goodbye!
« on: August 26, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »

Been over a year since my last post so this function is news to me.
Is there a FAQ? I didn't see one, it would be useful.

Whats the plans for all the data?
If I enter an interesting number will it notify me of that? Such as a replacement note?

When entering numbers if I input
AAA 0000001 12 49
AAA 0000023 12 49
does it enter 1-23
If yes what if I only have the two notes
If no, why not? and what if theres an note of interest in between?
(I say adding > and < to the two lines to indicate a run would be a good idea)

And would suggest adding a link for FPN and BPN.

Also it shows I've entered one 50? (Sorry about lying in the subject :P) Not recalling ever using it im slightly curious as to how I did that.

:)

I collect banknotes depicting Tallships. And to a lesser degree, all watercrafts.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 10:38:13 pm »

Hi Skylark,

There is no FAQ at this point as I haven't been able to get around to doing it. Experienced members are welcome to help.

The plans are to use the data for research projects wherever the data will be useful. It has already proven useful for several articles in the CPMS Newsletter over the past two years.

The SNDB will tell you if you enter notes such as replacements, radars, ladders, etc.

If you make those two specific entries, those two notes will be entered. The SNDB does not need runs of notes, and in fact entering runs of notes is specifically discouraged. The first and last note are all that is required. If you want to enter a specific note because it is a radar or something, feel free to enter that specific note.

I'm not sure what you mean by adding a link for FPN/BPN.

Your existing note (the $50) was from notes previously added to the old High/Low lists on the forums/Wiki that were in use prior to the SNDB.

Cheers

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length