7 (53.8%)
After the seller leaves feedback
0 (0%)
Not at all
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 23, 2007, 07:32:28 pm

Author
Topic: ebay feedback poll  (Read 3449 times)
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« on: April 08, 2007, 07:32:28 pm »

When items are sold on ebay, the buyer should leave feedback when?

Rick
Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Budding error and variety collector!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 07:37:57 pm »

As soon as the item is recieved in good condition. The one time I had a problem I contacted the seller and attempted to work it out before posting negative feedback, and we came to a satisfactory conclusion.

Fenian

Error, Variety, and Special Serial Number collector
CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 08:02:47 pm »

As a buyer I send feedback when I receive the item as expected. If there is a problem which there has been I immediately contact the seller and in my case the problem was rectified to both our satisfaction.
As a seller I would leave feedback once the buyer has acknowledged receipt ot item and has given feedback first.
I have had cases with repeat sellers that as soon as I paid they reported positive feedback.  I assume some sellers once they know you (as best they can over the internet) assume you are a reliable customer and trust you.
I truly believe communicate always before negative feedback is given.
Honest mistakes happen and usually things can be worked out.

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 10:10:03 pm »

I leave feedback when I receive it as discribed, then if I don't get feedback in return I'll remind him that I did and would like if he could do the same for me when he has time.

Gary_T
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 03:48:35 pm »

Feedback should be left when item is recieved as described.  If it is not received as described than the buyer should contact the seller to explain what he/she feels is the discrepency (or the wrong doing). 

Most often settlements can be made without the issue escalating.  If the results of a voiced complaint are unresolved negative feedback should be left.  I believe the system is unfair in the way the seller is allowed to "even the score" by responding with negative feedback to the same buyer who has promptly paid, received an item in less than satisfactory condition, and tried to settle the matter fairly and up front.  After a period of time you cannot see whether negative feedback was left by "buyer" or "seller." 

If I've asked a question before bidding, or have asked the seller to give me specific details about grading beforehand, and have been decieved in any way, I'll leave neutral feedback without prior warning.   I believe there are many problems with the system as it stands (including not being able to report fraudulent sales activity such as manufactured miscut errors from sheets).

Login with username, password and session length