Author
Topic: UNC Notes  (Read 4643 times)
npcoins
« on: May 13, 2015, 04:07:14 pm »

Hello,

I am looking to get UNC notes 5, 10 and 20 denominations from the bank or at face value. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start. Are certain banks more prone to getting UNC notes or are all banks about the same.

Regards,
NP
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 07:00:24 pm »

If you only want to pay face value, you will just have to hunt and peck around and hope to get lucky.  There have been plenty of discussions on this forum on this topic, with members telling about their local finds.  In general, banks recirculate notes, so a better place to find Unc notes is some of our country's fine gaming establishments  ;) because they have a greater need for high grade notes.  They get rid of a lot of notes that are mildly to moderately circulated, though this is a generalization and not absolutely true of all establishments.

From what other members have discussed, many banks WILL order in new notes, but there are usually costs involved, and because you said you wanted notes at face value, this option is not feasible for you.

No hay banda  
AZ
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 08:29:53 pm »

I am looking to get UNC notes 5, 10 and 20 denominations from the bank or at face value. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start. Are certain banks more prone to getting UNC notes or are all banks about the same.

The main branch of my bank in downtown Toronto can always order uncirculated notes. I make an order in the morning and pick up the notes same day or next day, at no extra charge. Of course, that involves driving downtown. I asked at my home branch about ordering brand new notes and they told me I would have to pay at least $30 to get the notes delivered to by branch.

If you are in a big city, there is a good chance you can order unc notes at main branches of some of the big banks.
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 09:48:09 am »

It really can vary. The main commercial branch of Scotiabank in downtown Vancouver is hit and miss in terms of getting new UNC notes, but the Chinatown branch is much more likely to have them.

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com

Login with username, password and session length