Author
Topic: 2007 Toronto Money ?  (Read 4379 times)
Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« on: July 07, 2007, 08:11:33 pm »

Hey I have seen these on ebay they seem like a big scam....item number 220128879309 they are being sold from Germany. I have never heard of a Toronto Money lol.....

CPMS Member 1564
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 09:18:11 pm »

Arthur, here is some information on the Toronto dollar. There are also pic of old and new notes with security features. Just check the site out ;D
FRIEDSQUID

http://www.torontodollar.com/
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 09:19:49 pm by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
blumax
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 05:40:09 pm »

Timely.  I was about to post an inquiry about these TDs and the Salt Spring Island local currencies.  Along with the Antarctic Exchange dollars that were being offered a year or so back, these seem to have a legitimacy right up there with Tire Money.  They are accepted at par with the Canadian dollar and are issued by local banks.  What is the view of the forum members?  Are these similar to the Municipal issues which are cataloged?

blumax
bwho9d
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:50:44 am »

Timely.  I was about to post an inquiry about these TDs and the Salt Spring Island local currencies.  Along with the Antarctic Exchange dollars that were being offered a year or so back, these seem to have a legitimacy right up there with Tire Money.  They are accepted at par with the Canadian dollar and are issued by local banks.  What is the view of the forum members?  Are these similar to the Municipal issues which are cataloged?

blumax

If the Toronto Dollar really exists, then I'm going to get me some  ;D.

Crappy security features though...

Login with username, password and session length