Author
Topic: Help!  (Read 4306 times)
Newfie Nightmare
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Forum Moderators
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: January 28, 2008, 04:03:16 pm »

Any bank I talk to, tell me their is no way for them to order "NEW" bills.  How do you guys do it?
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 04:54:53 pm »

Any bank I talk to, tell me their is no way for them to order "NEW" bills.  How do you guys do it?

guns, tear gas and good quality masks ;D

And don't worry about the exploding dye packs.....they will give you some great ink smear error notes
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 05:42:19 pm by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:19:17 pm »

I gave my Tellers a box of chocolates last Christmas with a glowing personal thanks.
But I also knew all my Teller's by name.
When asked I honestly told them what and why I do it.
It is a branch that is located in the center of my town's business center (Pop. 85,000) so it goes through a good lot of cash. And still establishing a business relationship with at least another bank.
And the fact that they own the mortgage to my home.

I've been at this for a year myself. Hope this helps, Hudson and X-savior are some of the real masters at this.

Dei Gratia
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:46:37 pm by Punkys Dad »

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 01:07:28 am »

I gave my Tellers a box of chocolates last Christmas with a glowing personal thanks.
But I also knew all my Teller's by name.
When asked I honestly told them what and why I do it.
It is a branch that is located in the center of my town's business center (Pop. 85,000) so it goes through a good lot of cash. And still establishing a business relationship with at least another bank.
And the fact that they own the mortgage to my home.

I've been at this for a year myself. Hope this helps, Hudson and X-savior are some of the real masters at this.

Dei Gratia

Personal note: 
It is important to understand that peronal life and "business" can be dangerously mixed.
Here is just a small list of things you can be mindful of to keep your relationship most "professional.  Watch for these signs.   It can make things turn golden, or can make things turn south.  Detailed information as follows...approach situation with caution!

How to know if you have developed a crush on your gorgeous lady bank teller:
a) your heart flutters when you hear "I can help you down at this wicket"
b) you admire gracefullness as she whips thru the stack of old yukky smelly mutilated money
c) You walk in with the weight of the world, and you walk out with your toes dragging (as you float by)
d) You could recognize her perfume/scent instantly from 60 paces.
e) You walk out of the bank repeatedly, leaving your $20,000 float behind (and not even realize it, time and time again).
f) When you hear her voice say "radar" or "brick" you get flustered, red, and kinda sweaty.
g) When you imagine her peering inside the door of the SD room, and you invite her in and you imagine her giving you this big imaginary smooch (how scandalous!)
h) you get jealous when other guys try to pick her up at her til, while you shuffle through money at the back counter, keeping note of those crafty characters so that they don't encroach.
And finally.....
i) You imagine her waiting for you in your "room" when you get home... and all she is wearing is a portable money counter

Always there to help! I hope someone found this useful!

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 12:46:12 pm »

How to know if you have developed a crush on your gorgeous lady bank teller:

I guess we have to be a little careful here.... as tellers are not always female.  There's been a trend to hiring a lot more guys.   ;)

Smile from your heart.  ;D
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 05:05:30 pm »

I guess we have to be a little careful here.... as tellers are not always female.  There's been a trend to hiring a lot more guys.

And that would stop Hudson ???

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 05:09:43 pm »

And that would stop Hudson ???
Oh come on be nice.

What about the lady brick searchers? Hmm? I bet they are thrilled about the more guys in banking thing.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.

Login with username, password and session length