Author
Topic: FPN's  (Read 3823 times)
starman
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: February 10, 2008, 05:13:38 pm »

Hi guys. I just picked up a 1967 *FP note from that favourite auction website. In the Charlton,it lists the front and back plate #'s as being 10 and 8. The bill I have is 10 front and 10 back. The serial is *FP8038312. Has anyone else come across something different or is this normal and just not in the book?
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 05:54:25 pm »

Hi guys. I just picked up a 1967 *FP note from that favourite auction website. In the Charlton,it lists the front and back plate #'s as being 10 and 8. The bill I have is 10 front and 10 back. The serial is *FP8038312. Has anyone else come across something different or is this normal and just not in the book?
your serial number is in the range of both the regular and the replacement issues!
Is it possible that the note was altered and an asterisk placed on the note????Could it be a regular FP issue that was altered.  Only a thought

FRIEDSQUID
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:42:30 am by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:45:21 am »

It has been acknowledged previously that the Charlton guide does not exhaustively list all known FPN/BPN combinations for the 1967 notes. If you can have your note authenticated by the Editor, it may be able to be included in the next catalogue.

Squid: Replacement notes that have the same serial numbers of regular notes is very common. Simply being in the same range is just luck.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
starman
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:21:57 am »

Hey FS. I'm looking at page 279 of the newest Charlton and I don't see where it says the regular issue FP has a 10 and 10. In mine the highest is 5 and 7.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 07:41:39 am »

Sorry about the confusion and mispost Starman, I guess my eyes were looking in the wrong place.
Happens when you get to my age.

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length