Author
Topic: New Torex Book and Specimens  (Read 3233 times)
gus5pin
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:56:33 pm »

I just received my new Torex Auction book for the upcoming event in February. As always I thumb through it and dream about everything I would LIKE to buy but check this out.

They have a broken set of 1937 Specimens from the $2 to the $1000. If these 7 notes sell for the suggested sale price in the Torex book the total for these beauties comes to ...... $16,700.00................
plus 15% hammer price ......... $2,505.00..............
plus 13% taxes ........... $2,496.65 ..............

For a grand total of ........... oh ya, this excludes shipping or an extra 5% hammer if bought via eBay..........THUD ........... sorry that was me falling of my chair ..................

$21,701.65.

And another thing, you are still missing the $1 to complete the set.

Denis
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:59:46 pm by gus5pin »

bugsy
  • Forum Moderators
  • Money Doesn't Grow On Trees But is Made From Them?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 09:57:48 am »

Hello Dennis:

This doesn't have much to do with the pricey specimen set you are referring to but, I was wondering how a new collector like myself goes about getting a Torex book? Is there a mailing list or a website where you can go for more info? Or what is the process that one has to follow to get my hands on a book? Any knowledge you can offer me would be most appreciated. Thanks very much!

Jeff

Always looking for more Rotator Notes!!!
coinoisseur
    • the Canadian Coinoisseur
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 01:25:07 pm »

You can download  PDF version of the catalogue from my website: www.coinoisseur.com

You can also order a printed copy of the catalogue from the site or you can view the online auction. Lots of options.

Cheers,
Michael

Login with username, password and session length