Author
Topic: She thinks I'm Nuts  (Read 3273 times)
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: February 10, 2008, 02:32:38 pm »

Just reading a post from fried squid .   I have the same comments also from  my  little lady.

anyone have any  funny comments they have heard regarding their collecting.

mine is " we can survive for months if   all atm and computers in banks break down".

polarbear
Newfie Nightmare
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Forum Moderators
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:27:05 pm »

From the in-laws I often get, "Are you sure that's legal?  Sounds illegal to me!"

Lucky for me the wife doesn't mind, and even helps by always checking her money for radar's, etc... but often 'claims' she's losing her husband to the computer...
as if!?!
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:33:39 pm »

My wife thinks it's pretty cool. Regrettably paid most of a plumbing repair with the proceeds this fall from a nice little group of errors. So long as I don't get robbed between the bank and home.

My bank Teller(s) thought it is really cool as they were fascinated with my knowledge base on banknotes and seemed to be quite encouraging to me about it. They told me that they were not allowed to hang on to error notes as they find them, even if I suggested a bounty for them.

On the other hand, my brother thinks I'm nuts carrying all this cash around at times.

Dei Gratia
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:54:35 pm by Punkys Dad »

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
thunder-boy
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 06:56:43 pm »

My Wife knows i'm addicted. (But she Knows it her savings plan when i kick the bucket...lol)

Buy the best and sell the PRESSED!!

Login with username, password and session length