Author
Topic: New Paper money catalogue is out.  (Read 5185 times)
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« on: June 22, 2006, 02:55:02 pm »

Received the latest edition of the the standard catalogue of Chartered Bank notes today. I real gem of a book. Retail price is $99.99.

Rick
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 05:18:31 pm »

Just got mine as well. Very pleased with most of the prices and I do like the tip for collectors on certain issuers. Some banks I still see trading much higher than book and that may not change anytime soon.  Is it still a rumor that the next copy will be out in 2 year instead of 4?

KC's Canadian Currency
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 05:32:30 pm »

The prices are relative, they only matter to some extent. It is clearly impossible to please everyone with the price structure. Some find the prices high, some find them low. It is, afterall, a guide.

I received a letter with mine telling me to be ready in 18 months to re-price the whole thing.

Well layed out, a real reference book.

Rick
CCCS
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 12:04:44 am »

I will have a few copy for sale with me at the Torex Coin Show if anybody is needing one.

Louis
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 12:36:29 am »

From the Charlton Press website at http://www.charltonpress.com/NumismaticsBook.asp?v_ISBN=0-88968-303-4

The Charlton Press has decided to publish new editions of this catalogue every two years, instead of at intervals of four to six years, to better keep abreast of the market in the present climate of avid collector demand and surging prices. Since fewer catalogues can be sold over the shorter period, print runs will be have to be rather sharply curtailed, which will unavoidably increase the production cost per unit.

I for one am looking forward to them every other year.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 12:37:38 am by admin »

Login with username, password and session length