Author
Topic: forums in general  (Read 3768 times)
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:45:58 pm »

HI  forum members

I am  a little baffled on this forum.  Here are a few concerns and i hope i get some feedback form a lot of members

1. the number of posts have been down  a lot.

When i first got on board of the forum, i literally lived on the forum.  There used to be sometimes 100 plus posts in 1 day. I learned lots from the members here and spent quality time talking with all members and moderators

2.  Where is everyone?  Is this a sign that the paper money forum is dying? 

I really miss seeing everyones frivilous post on what they found or nearly found.  The new prefixes that came out and real cool finds. 

3 forums are only as strong as the members.

I always thought a forum was to have open discussions on anything pertaining to paper money,  When members give constructive criticism to other memeber's, it is because they are interested in the subject and just want to have some positive communication back and forth.  No disrespect is aimed at the forum or the members.

4. Paper money as a hobby . 

I went into this as a hobby and looking for certain serial numbers.  I  was blessed with having met a lot of the members on the forums at coin shows and Christmas parties. 

Newbies: 

This forum is very knowledgeable and do offer a lot of juice for the canadian papermoney catelogue and without the newbies and the old farts like us we would not have a successful hobby and forum. 

OOOOOPPPPPSSS!!!!!!!

Just fell off my soap box.  Thanks for letting me say my piece  Thanks

Polarbear

as i asked everyone what their favourite silver/nickel dollar was.  Thanks moderators for not taking it off. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:56:56 pm by polarbear »
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 01:13:10 am »

Hi PB, my posts are down because I am a first year teacher and I have roughly zero time, and I also live 4 hours from my bricks source, and at least 45 min from a Big 5 bank lol....

You KNOW I would be posting!!

There was another often posting member - who, since the time I moved from Edmonton, had to take care of some urgent stuff (not to disclose)....

If things reallly did cool off, maybe it is now finally becoming a collector's market? :-)

I have been so far out of the loop I have no idea anymore!  I just hope that when i get back to my "territory" I still have my contacts!!

Take care all-
H :-)

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 07:28:38 pm »

Hey huds it is great having you  back.  Know when you and xavier are gone it becomes a ghost town. 

These newbies need the old farts help to allow them to see the real fun with hobby.  Glad to see a lot of familiar names coming back

cheers ;D
Polarbear
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:33:14 pm »

I have gone practically mute; my wife is between jobs right now, so I just don't have the free cash to go brick searching like I was in the past.  This should be changing very soon, I type with glee!

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
koremore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:41:50 pm »

I'm still around...still reading up on the forum just not signing in lately.  Collection has seen some purchases lately as well, perhaps this is more of a collectors market currently indeed?
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:07:40 pm »

All I can say is that there were posts that I made that I shouldn’t have, and posts that I didn’t make I should have. I’ve not been brick searching lately being bothered with an annoying financial problem. I am however experiencing some thinking problems off and on over the last year including an unusual sudden interest into Death metal music. I haven’t been seeing things right and just haven’t been the same since. But regardless I still noticed the drop in forum activity. My theory is that I have been abducted by aliens some time ago and they come back to borrow my brains again only to return it some time later a little different.

May I add this to your list PB?

5. For our alien friends from outer space

I know you little green guys are out there and I'm on to you. Your plans to invade of our forum. Next the BoC will be infiltrated beginning with the Governor, and then they will try to erode the trust our country’s fragile economic infrastructure. Cattle mutilations, crop circles, dope experiments, and abductions were all just diversions from the real goal. I’m gonna warn everyone on the forum, you aliens start by intercepting and reading our PMs, posing as members with fake and multiple IDs, bidding on silent auctions with no real meaning other than to fit into our society. Finding our weaknesses then... then you will strike! You will be STOPPED! By the way I accept EMTs.

Sorry, I’m just not myself.

Klattu barada nikto
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:10:13 pm by Punkys Dad »

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 09:13:19 pm »

dope experiments
are they taking volunteers ???

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length