Author
Topic: Living in US, Canadian collection, who to see?  (Read 4111 times)
candewman
« on: November 17, 2008, 02:54:07 pm »

I inherited a reasonably sized collection of Canadian and US coins along with some Canadian bank notes from the mid 1930's. I am in the process of liquidating this collection and, being in Texas now, there isn't too much interest in Canadian coins and notes. I am in the process of photographing everything.
1) Can values be given with high resolution photographs and who would do that with the interest of purchasing?
2) Is there anyone that you know of in the States who might be interested in Canadian collectible currency?
Elwoodbluesca
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Metro Coin & Banknote Company - Toronto Coin Expo
    • Metro Coin & Banknote Company
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 03:19:36 pm »

PM sent to you.

Cheers

www.metrocbc.com - Metro Coin & Banknote Company
www.torontocoinexpo.ca - Toronto Coin Expo
President - Canadian Paper Money Society #1605
Director - J. Douglas Ferguson Foundation
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:17:10 pm »

If you post photos or scans here to the forums (use www.imageshack.us to host them, then post links/thumbnails here), then any of our numerous knowledgeable members would be happy to post some estimates of value.

Couple things to take care of when photographing: Front and back is generally important, and the serial numbers, signatures and other markings should be clearly readable.

Cheers!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
candewman
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 03:14:20 am »

Ok, I'm going to try and post some here.   They should be clickable thumbnails that will take you to a larger, more detailed picture. You can click on this picture with a little magnifying glass to get a more detailed view.

These last 2 aren't Canadian but I'm going to put them up there anyway.

I also have 10, 1967 $1 bills with no serial number, un-circulated. I know these aren't worth very much from what I have seen and read. So, there they are. I've also got a a ton (pounds anyway) of silver coins both US and Canadian, like rolls of 1967 nickels with the rabbit, etc. stuff like that, that I am going through. Any help, ideas of value offers would be appreciated. Thanks to those who have emailed me as well.  I appreciate all your responses.
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 06:57:04 am »

Sent you a PM

KC's Canadian Currency
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 06:58:16 am »

Just to make a comment.  I believe it is always better to take the photos against a black background. This allows one to better see the border of the note.
Only a sugggestion for future pictures.

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
candewman
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 11:39:08 am »

Thank you, again, for the responses and PM's. As I have a large number of coin as well I will photograph them on a dark back ground.  I never thought about the edges and such but it makes sense. I will be selling these and will probably list them in your Trading Post but I will consider those who have PM'd me before I do once I get an idea of the value.
Bob
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 03:37:08 pm »

Based on my impressions of the grade from the images, current book values in Canadian dollars would be:
$140, 225, 125, 125, 120, 60, 70, 80 in the order seen.  I can't help you on the two foreign notes.

Collecting Canadian since 1955

Login with username, password and session length