Author
Topic: spammers  (Read 3495 times)
arjay
  • Time flies like an arrow.Fruit flies like a banana
« on: August 28, 2006, 12:07:40 pm »

I see the spammers have finally found us. Other message boards have been ruined this way, and some even shut down. I would really hate to lose this because of a few jerks. Can we lose them?

Rick
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 03:41:46 pm »

There's not a whole lot we can do about it besides clean up after them every time. Luckily we have a good crew of moderators who are fast at doing just that. Thanks guys!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
arjay
  • Time flies like an arrow.Fruit flies like a banana
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 11:37:56 pm »

Very fast. Another thanks guys!

Rick
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 12:47:51 am »

I see the spammers have finally found us. Other message boards have been ruined this way, and some even shut down. I would really hate to lose this because of a few jerks. Can we lose them? Rick

This might seem like a very naƮve question to some members, but what is the definition of spamming in the context of a forum such as this one? Are we talking about private message spamming (I received such a PM today)? What are the characteristics and hallmarks of Forum spamming? Many thanks for your valued assistance.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 12:54:00 am by Ottawa »

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 01:48:36 am »

Random posts advertising for make money fast or whatever is what is typically seen. ("Send $1 to each person on this list and you can make $50,000 in a week")

If you get any PMs which you consider to be spam or otherwise inappropriate or in violation of forum rules, please contact a moderator.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length