Author
Topic: Ebay Warning!!!  (Read 4439 times)
Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:13:32 pm »

Watch out not to bid on this one with the standered shipping of $140 USD! for REGULAR mail what a joke he is going to rip someone off!  item number 280110787917 & 280110786106

CPMS Member 1564
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:04:32 pm »

I was wondering by the person charging $140 for shipping when you list and sell and item on ebay are you charged on the list price and sell price excluding shipping and handling charges.  If so, I assume this is a way to get your price but not have to payout a lot of fees. Only a thought?

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 10:25:56 pm »

Well go ahead and report it.  I'm sure it will make you feel better.

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:17:56 am »

This is something that if we turn a blind eye, it services no one.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/listing-shipping.html

Sarcasm aside please.  Stuff like this is not good for anyone. Sellers like this need to be dealt with. We can do what we can do and thats about it.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
hanmer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 01:43:23 pm »

I hate being over charged for shipping. I've passed on things that I really wanted because the shipping was $5 standard. I guess the thing I hate the most about the items mentioned above is the line in the listing that says "make sure you agree to the shipping charges". This seller is also leaving themselves open for a world of grief if someone tries to teach them a lesson simply by bidding, paying with Pay Pal and then doing  a "did not receive item charge back". For the shipping cost being charged, they could not possibly justify anything but armored car delivery to the Dispute Process. I'm not advocating that anyone do this, as this would be stealing, but what comes around goes around though. I'm watching both to see if they actually finish, or worse to see if someone actually buys them!!!!

As far as Yahoo Auctions go, I've purchased a few items there and have had nothing but good experiences with the whole process.

:)

:)
Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 03:43:03 pm »

The items seem to have been pulled off of ebay.... Maybe the person is a forum member... or maybe ebay removed it for such a high shipping price!!!!

CPMS Member 1564
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 06:55:55 pm »

These have been relisted now with FREE shipping!

Gary_T

Login with username, password and session length