Author
Topic: Talk about a beauty  (Read 3843 times)
buxvet
  • Is there anybody in the ceremony is about to begin
« on: September 05, 2007, 10:49:13 pm »

Wish I could afford this.

m_samourai
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 11:04:03 pm »

Boy, that is nice.  I normally don't go for Dominions much, but am starting to see their appeal. 

I gather PMG's grading is often too generous.  What about the other firms?  Are any of them more trustworthy?
Agio
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 12:26:26 pm »

I gather PMG's grading is often too generous.  What about the other firms?  Are any of them more trustworthy?

PMG has tightened up over the past 6 months. However I think they are still hit and miss, most noticeably in the Unc 64 grades. Flicks, corner folds aren't uncommon but much less so now. In Unc's is where they can really miss-the note above a year ago would've probably made Unc. In circ grades they are odd. You'll see a note certified "EF EPQ" with a big stain on the back and no comment.
However as they have the full tilt support of one of the better known paper money dealers in Canada, they seem to be the flavour of choice.
For accurate grades CCGS out of Calgary is probably the best but his unc 63 is usually a PMG64/65 and  his 64's a 65/66 and with the new cat categories, interperetation of his Unc 63's will be as C Unc as opposed to G Unc which then drives people to PMG
He grades them too hard in my opinion so PMG is getting all the biz.
No other service is worth crap
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:30:37 pm by Agio »
m_samourai
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 08:04:09 pm »

For accurate grades CCGS out of Calgary is probably the best but his unc 63 is usually a PMG64/65 and  his 64's a 65/66 and with the new cat categories, interperetation of his Unc 63's will be as C Unc as opposed to G Unc which then drives people to PMG
He grades them too hard in my opinion so PMG is getting all the biz.
No other service is worth crap
Thank you so much for the info. ;D ;D ;D Much appreciated.

Matt

Login with username, password and session length