Author
Topic: paypal/ebay coupons  (Read 4430 times)
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: February 14, 2009, 04:36:18 pm »

Anyone have valid coupon codes these days. Used a few a couple years ago that folks were sharing here but haven't seen any in a while...
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 09:42:51 pm »

PayPal has changed all those generic discount codes where the codes could have been used by anyone.   Instead PayPal has instituted a new redemption code policy.  PayPal now issues promotional e-mails to specific PayPal account holders with promo code discounts.   For example, in late November 2008, I had a discount code APP08 of $10 if I spent $50 or more via eBay.  In order for this redemption codes to work, your PayPal e-mail account must have received the discount code promotion.   If not, then the promo discount code using a different PayPal account that never received the promotion is useless. 

PayPal is getting smarter!   :'(

Smile from your heart.  ;D
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 10:52:27 pm »

I have had a PayPal account for years and I have yet to receive a single discount code.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 12:05:41 am »

Same here; that's why I was inquiring. I complained about paypal's usurious service charges a few weeks to the company and suggested it send along a code or two as a PR gesture but nothing so far.... Not holding my breath, either.
rocken
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 12:14:20 am »

Don't get me started on paypal. paypal is the biggest rip off scam going , that is why eBay bought it a few years back >:(

coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 01:37:16 am »

The secret is to set-up multiple PayPal accounts.  They do NOT charge a fee for having an inactive account, so why not?  Use it a couple of times... let it sit dormant, and then, voila!!!  PayPal comes knocking with incentives to use your account.   I have a total of five PayPal accounts, three Premier, and two Personal.   I actively use a couple of them.  The other three has been used, but are seldom used at all.   I did not receive this offer with my other two actively used PayPal accounts.   I've been with PayPal way before eBay bought them out, as far back as 1998.  Back then, they actually charged the buyer a fee to use their payment service and gave out $10 referral fees!  Gee, how times have changed! 

I received the following e-mail to the three seldom used PayPal accounts late November, 2008:   

Subject: PayPal Canada wants you to treat yourself‏

It's all in HTML graphics:

Dear..................

Spend $50 on eBay and get $10 off!   Treat yourself with a savings coupon from PayPal.

Coupon code: CCAPP08     Copy and paste this coupon code when you checkout    (this code is expired)

TERMS & CONDITIONS
Receive $10 off a single purchase of $50 or more excluding taxes and shipping ("Offer"). Offer applies to transactions made on www.ebay.ca. when you use PayPal as a payment method. Offer begins December 12, 2008 and ends December 30, 2008. Purchases made within the Offer period, must be charged to your account no later than December 30, 2008.

To be eligible for the Offer, you must: (1) have a confirmed Canadian PayPal and eBay account in good standing, (2) receive an email directly from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, and (3) enter the redemption code in the field upon checkout. The $10.00 will be automatically deducted at time of checkout.

Redemption code may only be used one time. This offer cannot be resold or transferred. This Offer is not redeemable for cash and cannot be combined with any other offer. The Offer does not apply to the following transactions, including: purchases on www.express.ebay.com, eBay Motors, eBay Live Auctions and eBay purchases made through any customized checkout system, some authorization or order transactions, send or request money transactions not associated with a purchase, purchase of merchant gift cards, sellers fees on eBay and merchant sites that do not enable coupon redemption.

PayPal and eBay reserve the right to cancel, suspend or modify part or this entire Offer at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion.   

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:46:24 am by coinsplus »

Smile from your heart.  ;D
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 12:28:02 pm »

thank you very much for that information. That's something everyone should try....

Login with username, password and session length