Author
Topic: 1935 English $25 note  (Read 4019 times)
markus
« on: May 03, 2014, 10:43:43 pm »

I am a newby to this whole collectors of paper money.  I have a $25 Canadian note from 1935.  I am looking for advice as I am not sure how much it might even be worth.  Should I be getting it graded and stored properly?  I would like to hear of any reputable places in the Burlington/Hamilton area to do so.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  I will try to post the pic of the note.
Thanks to all.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 07:54:21 am »

BCS is in Kitchener...a bit of a drive but they can do same day grading if you want...you can also send by mail...just give them a call and I'm sure they can accommodate you. Great to get along with. Great service and very professional.
(Banknote Certification Service) Check the net for number and contact Steve Bell. Hope that helps.

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
therealco1986
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 09:23:07 am »

Definitely a note worth getting checked out.  Even in the lower end grades this thing is worth $1000+.  If it has a fancy serial number, or looks remotely good, worth much much more than $1000!  Check ebay.  I believe there is a graded one VF20 for around $3500.  I would also recommend BCS, because they are the premier Canadian banknote grading service.  PMG is also highly recommended.

Truly a hard to find note!

Login with username, password and session length