Author
Topic: Full Bricks in insert ranges (Response to Roberto)  (Read 4471 times)
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« on: February 28, 2006, 12:45:48 am »

Hi Roberto, I figured I would place this here, and not individualy to your single posts - hopefully this will help address your posts.  There are a number of posts already about the possibility of finding bricks within known insert ranges.

There are some important things to understand about how the bricks are printed, and how sheets are numbered, and how and when and where inserts are placed in bricks.

When bricks are found, then the associated bricks can be found as well, based on note position numbers within the sheet.  So when one brick is found, there is more than just 1000 notes that can be analysed.  The details about the how, where, and to a lesser extent when (in general) inserts are found is well-documented throughout this site, resourced by many of the well experienced brick searchers from coast to coast.

So, if you are looking for a single brick of 1000, all inserts, it is not going to happen.  The numbers that would be associated to that brick and it's sister bricks would then constitute a range of NON-Inserts.

I would ask that some of some other more experienced brick people comment on this, to confirm, and to add, and to also please correct me if I am wrong or am missing some info.  If I am, I would like to learn more too!  :)

Hudson
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 12:47:17 am by hudsonab »

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
Roberto
  • cpms 1223
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:29:21 am »

it should juice have a one group of HNR,one group of HOH,one group of BEV,one group of EYM,.........

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 10:31:23 am »

The printing companies may not neccessarily do this. If they are making insert notes as needed, then once they use up a certain section, then they need to use more.   Why are the so many sections?  It is to basicaly use current stock I would imagine, which is why you will not find HNR inserts in bricks of HOR notes for example. The HOR are too far past the HNR.  The companies use bit by bit so that the stock gets used in a reasonable time frame.  Again, once the run out, they use more.

All it would probably take is a message from the top there saying something like, "Hey, make sure to take out an extra 20000 notes to set aside for damages, just in case, our cutters have been giving us some trouble"  And there you have it, possibly a new range.  Could be in the same prefix, or possibly not.  I have even found HNR inserts in an HNR Brick!.  Suprising, but possible.
Hudson

Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 12:55:51 pm »

Thats ture, HNR inserts in HNR bricks, i found a couple of HOH inserts in some HOH bricks not too long ago
Roberto
  • cpms 1223
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 01:19:48 pm »

not  a couple of HOH inserts in some HOH bricks
 one HOH bricks enter 9.000.000 - 9.999.999
                or
one BEV bricks enter 0.000.000 - 1.000.000
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 08:02:23 pm »

Hi Roberto,  I will try to be more clear in my explanation.

Suppose this is the layout for a 5x5 sheet (Non-existent)

1a  1b  1c  1d  1e  
2a  2b  2c  2d  2e
3a  3b  3c  3d  3e
4a  4b  4c  4d  4e
5a  5b  5c  5d  5e  

The info you find with regards to Brick "3e", will correspond exactly to the info you find in any of the sister Bricks.

That means, if 3e is a single brick of HOH, then it is not the ONLY brick of HOH from that sheet obviously.  In this example, there are 24 others.
What this means then for this example, is that there are 25,000 notes.  
So, if you are wondering about finding a full brick of inserts, then the above situation is what you will be looking at, which represents a number range of notes that ARE NOT inserts. These bricks are issued as bricks and not inserts, thus this would be the area that is between the insert ranges.

Hudson
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 08:03:35 pm by hudsonab »

Login with username, password and session length