Author
Topic: Supposed inserts  (Read 4887 times)
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« on: March 05, 2006, 02:41:08 pm »

I have a question. Not to mention any names, but i've noticed a dealer on E-Bay who is selling FEU inserts/replacements. I've also noticed in previous auctions, this same dealer has sold Journey insert/replacements printed in 2000, and they were in a range not even close to the Charlton. Are these really inserts/ replacements? Is there previous findings that are not being published?

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 04:05:27 pm »

It is possible, but if they are not within the ranges posted on this site, or in the Charlton guide, then they have not been seen by anyone from a wide range of brick researchers nationwide. So, possible, but unlikely.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
JB-2007
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 04:31:36 pm »

I have a question. Not to mention any names, but i've noticed a dealer on E-Bay who is selling FEU inserts/replacements. I've also noticed in previous auctions, this same dealer has sold Journey insert/replacements printed in 2000, and they were in a range not even close to the Charlton. Are these really inserts/ replacements? Is there previous findings that are not being published?
There are NO FEU inserts. Do you mean FDU?
sudzee
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 05:01:53 pm »

This particular seller has had other claims in the past. He always shows a pic of the bundle he got the supposed replacement from. Take notice that the bundles he shows are not fresh but have been re-counted, brown sleeved and stamped by the local branch. The bundle could have been made up of notes that a brick searcher has returned. Replacement info is gathered from FRESH bricks of 1000 not from mixed re-counted bundles of notes that a bank branch has put together.

Gary
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 08:30:04 am »

Inserts are modern replacements that will have a particular sequence of serial numbers.

Would have been a lot easier if the printers merely replaced them with X or * notes as in the past, but they don't.

Some great research has gone into this subject, a seller cannot just make up an "insert" because he/she found it within a group of notes.

Rick
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 09:59:13 am »

Hello all, I don't care if I recieve flack for this, because this is something we all need to be aware of.  

First, my comments:  
Dear seller,  I work in a bank, and see everyday how often a bank banded bundle does not resemble the actual BOC bundles at all.  If you see bank bands around notes, your supposed finds may be incorrect.  
As soon as the bands are cut from the original brick, the notes are subject to shuffling/addition/subtraction/mixing by the bank tellers in the morning.  THIS IS MOST OFTEN THE CASE.  The bank puts these brown bands on, after they have counted, recounted and recounted again these notes.  This is when the mixing occurs.

Caution to any reader and bidder: I am glad he linked this thread to his auction.  Please take the time to research this topic within this website.  Members of this site include many of the names you see in the first few pages of the Charlton Catalogue. All these people, plus many many more of us who go recognized although unofficially, work extremely hard to provide the best up to date information possible on insert ranges of all denominations. Research is done on these insert ranges across the country by people who source FULL BRICKS.  Research is then collaborated, and findings need to be confirmed by a grouping of people.  
There is method to the system, which this seller obviously does not understand (or knowingly ignores), and is capitalizing on the lack of knowledge of other people. This is exploitation. Outright exploitation.  For any of your previous buyers who have purchased a regular note from him, under the supposition that is was an "insert": go find out it's value from any dealer, collector, store, trading table, or catalogue.  The bottom line is that some of these claims by him are so blatantly innaccurate, it is an insult to our hobby.

That is all I have to say for now. I invite PAST WINNERS from him to learn more fully about this topic within the threads of this website.

Here is what he had to say:
Visite this site for the bad comment i received for this auction.http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1141587669/3#3It,s possible you received and email this bill it's not insert PLEASE IGNORE because this person do not like a competition or the thrue.The only method for proof it,s insert are describe here..When you buy a single insert ask for 1 bill came of the same bundle or brick.What proof you have its a real insert?????? If you win this item you received 2 bill ..1 INSERT +++.1 bill came the same brick where i find this insert.Only the proof you have its a real insert.The bill have a same front plate number and the same back plate number.The (((((insert FDT3448478)))))))&((((((Regular FDT3728088))))))Front Plate 17 Back Plate 28...S/H(Express Post $7.00) If, for some reason, you do not agree with these shipping terms, please do not bid.Of course i will combine shipping for multiple items,so please check out my other auctions.I will ship anywhere in the world but will need to confirm shipping prices with you before mailing outside of the Canada.Payment info:I prefer paypal or Billpoint because it really helps me keep organized and speeds things up considerably,but will gladly accept INTERNATIONAL Money Orders or personal checks.Thank for looking and good luck. Check out my other items!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 08:06:44 pm by hudsonab »

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
polarbear
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 10:38:05 pm »

Hi Hudson

I agree with you fully on what you have said.  I have returned full white banded bricks to the bank.  Once they are counted.  They put the brown band on.    They also stamp the band with their bank id.  The stamp  also dated when they recieve it and they write their initials on the band.  You will sometimes see on  bills  that there is a stamp marks on bills.  Well I have just been informed today that sometimes the teller misses the brown band and stamps on the bill by accident.  

Just my little imput

Cheers

Polarbear  ;D

Login with username, password and session length