Author
Topic: Sending notes to PMG to be graded  (Read 6143 times)
viauauto
  • CPMS MEMBER #1625
« on: November 25, 2008, 10:55:02 am »

Hello,

I want to send 10 notes to PMG to be graded, I'm just become a member to Collector Society for one year.

I have to complete the submission form and ship notes via FedEx or I can use "Purolator" ??

I know PMG is in Florida I think so is that a problem to send back the note to me ? I have to give my account number to PMG or they ship me the notes with UPS and I pay the shipping ??

Is that right, that I can ship 10 notes toegther but they will ship me one by one the graded note ???

Thank for help

8) Patrick 8)

8) Patrick 8)
* Solids 1 Digit & Error Notes 4 Life*
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 02:09:44 pm »

Hey Patrick

You should ship your notes by FedEx as they seam to be the only one willing to ship currency. From Canada to Sarasota will run you about $115 each way for an overnight delivery. While shipping make sure you have their physical address as FedEx will not deliver to a P.O BOX. 

Secondly the Courier service will not insure your package for more than $500 so you may want to look for third party insurance if the value is quite high.

To have your notes shipped back to you simply specify on the submission form you wish to have your notes returned by FedEx and supply them your FedEx account number. USPS will take much longer. It would also save you much trouble if you include a letter addressed to the Canadian customs agent that indicates your notes were sent for a service not a sale and are being shipped back to you.

"Is that right, that I can ship 10 notes toegther but they will ship me one by one the graded note" PMG will ship your 10 notes as a whole if they are part of the same grading tier.

If you have anymore questions please let me know as I would be very happy to help out

Cheers

Jason

KC's Canadian Currency
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 07:22:39 pm »

Of course, you could save yourself the hassle of borders and high shipping costs by choosing a Canadian grading company. ;)

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
viauauto
  • CPMS MEMBER #1625
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 10:44:53 pm »

Of course, you could save yourself the hassle of borders and high shipping costs by choosing a Canadian grading company. ;)

Humm I really like those holder that PMG have eheheh and many notes I bought come graded by PMG that why I wanted to send them some of my notes........ you have a good canadian company to suggest me ?

8) Patrick 8)

8) Patrick 8)
* Solids 1 Digit & Error Notes 4 Life*
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 11:09:01 pm »

If you like the holders from PMG, check out BCS. They have very, very similar holders. They also have a special on Journey notes right now... $7 each for as many as you have, with a minimum of 5.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Elwoodbluesca
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Metro Coin & Banknote Company - Toronto Coin Expo
    • Metro Coin & Banknote Company
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 11:40:09 pm »

There are a few equally good companies in Canada that grade notes. I will mention all so there is no bias in alphabetical order;

CCCS – Canadian Coin Certification Service
http://www.canadiancoincertification.com

CCGS – Canadian Currency Grading service
http://www.canadiancurrencygradingservice.com/

BCS - Banknote Certification Service
http://www.banknotecertification.com

www.metrocbc.com - Metro Coin & Banknote Company
www.torontocoinexpo.ca - Toronto Coin Expo
President - Canadian Paper Money Society #1605
Director - J. Douglas Ferguson Foundation

Login with username, password and session length