Author
Topic: I would appreciate any comments on this note as to grading opinion  (Read 11744 times)
abyss
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 01:25:44 pm »

Personally I would like to see grading company fully responsible (stand behind what they claim)

A great idea, but I can't see it happen since obviously everyone has different opinions.

Maybe raw notes is still the way to go...you see what you get without obstruction of a plastic holder

ABYSS
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 03:00:08 pm »

then any missing circle note cannot be considered Gem regardless of the perfection of any of its other features

So do we assume that any error note can never be perfect since it is obviously an error...
As well, the MC variety can not be perfect because it is not, compared to a regular note....

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 10:39:24 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 01:54:12 am by Mortgage Guy »

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 10:47:25 pm »

I assume that to get a perfect centered note is the ideal where the top and bottom are the same...In the older series it is easier to see with the white border yet on Journeys you can still see if a note is cut to close to the tactiles or to close to the PRINT DATE on the bottom of the note making the note off center.
I think you really need to see the entire note to make a better call as to which is better..
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length