Author
Topic: Repeater Note  (Read 6934 times)
ck
  • Paper Money is Art!
« on: April 03, 2007, 02:04:31 pm »

Hi All,

I have a 1954 $1.00 note that is one digit off a radar but someone told me it was a repeater note.  I've never heard of a repeater note, is it worth anything?  It is crisp with no folds or creases.  I can attach a pic if that helps.

Thanks in advance

ck  
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:11:52 pm »

Hi ck,

Welcome to the forum ck.
This has been asked and discussed thouroughly in july 2006 on the following forum link;

http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1153204109

Basically, Repeater refers to the numerical pattern of the serial number regardless of the prefix, ABCxABC, where X can ber any number.

Whereas, a Radar has the numerical pattern of ABCxCBA, where X can be any number.

Apparently there are a few sub-classes of Repeaters as you will learn when you go to this link, however like common Radars, Common Repeaters occur 1 in 1000 notes. "A" class repeaters are 1 in 10,000. etc. Serial numbers that are both Radar and Repeaters I do not recall, and Repeater Inserts are another category in itself. Etc, you will get the idea.

Repeaters are not collected as widely as Radars yet, so they may likely not command much of a premium. It will also depend on the serial numbers too.

Have fun, :)

PD
Dei Gratia
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 03:13:00 pm by Punkys_Dad »

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
ck
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 08:56:18 am »

Hi PD

Thanks for the welcome and the link.  Answered everything.  I checked out the note again and it is the ABCABCA variety, (0290290 from memory).  Kinda cool.  Thanks for all the help.

ck

Login with username, password and session length