Author
Topic: Feedback  (Read 4029 times)
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« on: February 03, 2010, 05:37:47 pm »

Concerning internet auctions (i.e. eBay and other sites), is feedback a right or a privilege?  Specifically, should a buyer who takes a long time to pay be entitled to feedback?  Opinions are welcome.

No hay banda  
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:21:32 pm »

Specifically, should a buyer who takes a long time to pay be entitled to feedback?  Opinions are welcome.

Personally I think a buyer who takes to long to pay should not be entitled to leave a feedback.  I believe any transactions that are made should be paid for promptly and delays only lead to problems in most cases....I also think when feedback is not given promptly some people may take it that the buyer wasn't happy or there was an issue with the seller that was left unresolved possibly leading to future misunderstandings with other buyers...OMO ???

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
woodguy62
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:27:21 pm »

My opinion is that its not a right or a privilege. It's a mechanism to reflect a buyers or sellers credibility. The way it should work is as soon as an item is paid and shipped, the seller should leave feedback, it gives the buyer an indication when the item is shipped, (then I know when to go to town for the Mail). When the buyer receives the item and is satisfied, leave feedback (also lets the seller know item was received). Too bad it does not always work that way.

Feedback should only be awarded to both parties when both feedback's are complete. Burns my &## when I give feedback and do not receive feedback....

If someone takes an unreasonable amount of time, they should get feedback, most likely negative.....fair warning for all who comes after......

hanmer
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 04:54:52 pm »

What dos this have to do with Paper Money Collecting? I do understand and agree that many policies and proceedures of our favorite online auction house makes shake our head. If we are going to use the Paper Money Forum for off topics conversations, can we at least make it a topic relavent to the betterment of mankind as a whole, although one about paper money would be much better. Discussions such as climate change or the Olympics, Haiti, the price of rice in China come to mind. Feedback is a choice, either leave it or don't (good, bad or indifferent).

:)

:)
gonkman
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 12:25:30 pm »

With many items having Buy-It-Now prices and many buyers using sniping software, there's nothing a seller can do to prevent undesirable buyers from coming along and placing a bid that ends the listing or comes within a couple of seconds of the closing.

Wow..  I guess I am an Undesirable Buyer then.   Last time I checked an auction lasts for X amount of Time.   Until that auction ends you are allowed to place a bid.

If my bid happens to come in just before the hammer falls and I beat your top price..  that's called an auction.

I think this makes me a smart buyer.   I think people who put bids in large bids in early on auctions must have money to burn. 

If you are a seller and you expect X amount for your item you can do 1 of 2 things.   Raise the minimum starting bid to something you can accept or 2 put a reserve on your auction.

I "snipe" items all the time.   Sometimes I win.. other times I don't.   I can't count the number of items I have 4X or 6X the bid amount at the last few seconds.   If I hadn't of "sniped" the seller would of received much less money.

I have also lost money many times on items as a seller as I believe in the $0.99 cent starting auctions.   Sometimes it generates more bids but sometimes you lose money. 

Let's face it Auctions are up for a week so people can find them over the course of that week.  Most real bidding only occurs during the last few hours or minutes.

And as for feedback..  My opinion is LEAVE IT! 

As I buyer I leave feedback when I receive and item so the seller knows I received it.   As a seller I leave feedback as soon as the item ships. 

Witholding Feedback because XYZ is silly and childish to me.  If you have a problem with your purchase contact the seller and work it out.  Don't just not leave feedback because you don't feel like it.

Well that's my 2 cents.. :P

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 02:44:04 pm »

Let's bring an end to this conversation before things get too heated. Thanks,

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length