Author
Topic: When does the 20th Edition of Canadian Government Paper Money Come on Sale?  (Read 4056 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Just wondering when the 20th edition comes on sale? Does it usually appear towards beginning or end of the year?
Also, not being familiar with chartered notes I was wondering is there a similar book available? If so, what would the current edition be?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551

The new 20th edition catalogue will be available in July at the CNA in Niagra falls.  Brent usually tries to get advanced orders and sells them at a reduced rate.

The current edition for chartered notes is the 5th. There is a advertisment for it on the inside back cover of the current 19th edition catalogue.

Gary_T
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector

Anyone with any sense will be holding back their UNC-63 and UNC-65 notes until the new edition of the Charlton Government catalogue is published. I put away a few original Unc-65 "perfection" 1937 notes a few years ago as I knew it was only a matter of time before their true rarity and value would be established. I suspect that several other Forum members have been doing the same thing. I've handled numerous "Unc" 1937 notes with counting creases over the last 30 years and I can say truthfully that the number of absolutely perfect notes (well centered and without any traces of handling whatsoever) can be counted on one hand .... 

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).

Login with username, password and session length