Author
Topic: RE: 1937 Issue  (Read 4101 times)
hanmer
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:18:33 pm »

With this issue, I understand that the Osbourne/Towers signature combination is the most desired. This of course means higher prices. Bearing that in mind, what would be the next desired signature combination for the 1937 series?

:)

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 10:05:11 pm »

I'm sure your Charlton catalogue has the answer.  You do have a Charlton catalogue, don't you?  Best $20 you'll ever spend.

No hay banda  
hanmer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 10:07:54 am »

As a matter of fact I do. It is a reasonable reference resource, I'm, waiting for the PDF version. However the Charleton catalogue will not give me access to expertise that this board offers. Thank you for your suggestion, but I was looking for something more like, x/y signature combination is generally better than y/z and would be a better choice because of blah, blah and blah.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:51:54 am by hanmer »

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:39:38 am »

I guess I even misunderstood the question because I was thinking to myself "why not just look at the catalogue?".

Anyway, thank you for the clarification. In my personal opinion, both Gordon/Towers and Coyne/Towers are equivalent for the 1937 series. Both have similar quantities printed and both have similar availability (ie: extremely common).

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
hanmer
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:51:18 am »

Thank you for the info Brent. The reasoning for the purchase would dictate the specific 1937 issue to buy.

i.e. osbourne/towers for investment side or gordon/towers coyne/towers to have a nice example

Elwoodbluesca
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Metro Coin & Banknote Company - Toronto Coin Expo
    • Metro Coin & Banknote Company
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:45:02 pm »

Do not discredit all G/T or C/T notes, as there are a few prefixes within them that are tough to obtain, and in my option worth the investment.

www.metrocbc.com - Metro Coin & Banknote Company
www.torontocoinexpo.ca - Toronto Coin Expo
President - Canadian Paper Money Society #1605
Director - J. Douglas Ferguson Foundation

Login with username, password and session length