Author
Topic: 1969 Lawson/Bouey $20  (Read 3638 times)
yllknsm
« on: October 02, 2012, 07:44:29 pm »

Hi, folks.  New to the forum.  I've been a casual collector of coins and notes since I was a kid.  Not for monetary gain, more idle curiosity (like collecting a penny for every year since I was born... until my kids found it  ::)).

Anyway, I'm on the road on business, and took some money out of the machine and found an older bill in the middle of all the nice crisp new 20s.  It is a 1969 20 signed by Lawson and Bouey, ser # WP3060873.  It seems in fair shape, with three creases, a small fold in one corner, and what looks like one faint edge of a rubber stamp running on the right edge of the coat arms.  It is still fairly crisp, and there is no fading or discolouration, even on the creases.

Worth much more than face value?  I might keep it either way, just 'cause it's neat.  I've held onto a 1954 $1 since I was five or six.  That seemed incredibly old to me at the time (in 1972 or so), so I figured it must be really rare and valuable :D.  Now I just keep it for sentimental reasons.

Any help appreciated.
Aubrey993
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 11:29:15 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Your '69 $20 is a spender, not worth much more than face value.

Login with username, password and session length