Author
Topic: Grade opinion on a DC1a - $0.25 Shinny.  (Read 3480 times)
gonkman
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:07:15 pm »

Hello..

I just noticed another DC-1a up for sale on you know where..

I finally acquired one myself before X-Mas..  The one currently listed is a PMG F-15.   

I was wondering if you could give your opinions on a possible Grade of my Note.  See hi res scans below.

I was hoping it would make VG but after seeing the PMG Note.. Maybe it may make Fine?? But I doubt it.  I know PMG uses the American Scale and All but here are images of both.

Any thoughts on a possible grade for my note?  I would appreciate it.

The Back of the PMG Note is pretty Nastily Stained/Foxed.  Could not believe it made Choice Fine 15.

My Note.

PMG Note

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:23:40 pm »

I was hoping it would make VG but after seeing the PMG Note.. Maybe it may make Fine?? But I doubt it.  I know PMG uses the American Scale and All but here are images of both.

I would like to offer an opinion but if I'm just going to be weighed against PMG, there's no point.

No hay banda  
kid_kc79
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Still looking for that one great note
    • KC's Canadian Currency
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 12:34:53 pm »

Fortunately for us VG is a grade which is easy to assign without giving the note a thorough inspection. There is too many creases to count and the damage is very visible without having to look at it at an angle. Both of these notes are VG with yours being more aesthetically pleasing.

KC's Canadian Currency

Login with username, password and session length