Author
Topic: Bank of Canada Tactile Feature Specimen Notes?  (Read 4603 times)
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« on: May 12, 2013, 02:53:44 pm »

Has anyone heard of these before?  There's one up for sale now on that famous online auction site, item # 181139496046.

I sure wouldn't pay over $10 for something that could be produced with a rubber stamp and a braille writer.

Squad-G
    • Banknotes
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:06:29 pm »

It's a cool thing to have if it's legit. However, I don't think it deserve a high value like you said.

See my banknotes collection at http://banknotes.davidbelanger.net/.
Find special numbers for your banknotes quickly by using this tool. Useful for the bundles.
Tom-Bear
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 05:56:53 pm »

Just this week I got a $100 note that had peculiar 'tactile features'. At first glance, I thought they were grossly misplaced and potentially a true error note. They mimic the genuine bumps in size and grouping. However, the appropriate features were there too. The real giveaway that someone had been messing with this note, was that one set of extra bumps was on the wrong side. I hope that no manufactured errors like this show up on that certain auction site.

CA_Banknotes
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 12:06:37 am »

In a batch of AHS 50s I got recently, the tactile group at the far right is slightly off-center from the rest of the 3 groups, shifted downwards by about 1mm.

That's led me to question how the tactile dots are applied?

Login with username, password and session length