Author
Topic: Can you grade this note for me, thanks  (Read 8664 times)
EyeTradeMoney
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 11:55:59 pm »

If these are your business ethics you best have a top notch return policy.

What business ethics? Just post the note on eBay without giving it a grade. Say "Very sexy 1937 $10 note - a beauty! L@@K" and let the buyers judge for themselves. You don't even have to give an opinion. It'll go for AU or above, guaranteed!... Ok perhaps a little lower because of recession, but that doesn't mean buyers don't see it as AU+.

I was once sold an EF+ note (worst than yours) for "UNC" by NAME REMOVED. I spoke to him over the phone and in person at least 3 times before going all the way there about how a $1000 note in AU will not be more than $1100. I get there and I see a bunch of EF+/AU's labelled as UNC. He said the flaws make them "not GEM UNC"... there were at least 6 flaws on the note. I ended up buying one for $1175 because I had spent so much time running around trying to find one, when I finally saw one, I just had to end my search. Although I'd like to think these "flaws" are only handling marks and the note is in fact AU+, my conservative opinion won't allow me.

[edit]Name of dealer removed as comments are potentially libelous. Future posts of this nature will be deleted. --BWJM[/edit]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:05:54 am by BWJM »

Login with username, password and session length