Author
Topic: what to look for one newer bills??  (Read 3126 times)
Jeeps4evr
« on: September 03, 2007, 01:01:08 pm »

ok i've recently come into some old money so i started doing some research.. needless to say i've learned a whole bunch of stuff on new and old notes ...now my question is i see some people posted up notes that they found of newer bills and people are saying "wow nice find" and not being an expert i have no idea what specail about it ... does it have to do with the serial numbers.. i understand the part about radars and repeaters and stuff.  but what about the prefixes ..what does one look for on newer bills ...i'm intrigued ;D
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 01:29:49 pm »

There are far too many facets of collecting paper with regards to prefixes and numbers to explain in a posting to this forum. My suggestion is to find a coin/paper money dealer in your area and purchase a Charlton Standard Catalogue of Government Paper Money. You might at first be overwhelmed by the amount of information contained but it's the best way to learn what it's all about. At about $20, it's worth a million bucks....
m_samourai
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 01:11:22 am »

Ditto, the Charlton's a must.  Keep reading the forum posts in the various categories, old and new, and like me, you'll get a good education on the hobby.  This site is like an ever expanding encyclopaedia for collectors. :D

Login with username, password and session length