Author
Topic: Help Selling?  (Read 3903 times)
KelownaGuy
« on: June 22, 2012, 08:06:52 pm »

Hi all its been a while. I'm looking at selling a small portion of my collection on the trading post. I had a quick look and could not find any hints or tips about selling on the trading post. There must be a post here somewhere I just haven't found it. Looking for info on scanning properly, how to best run the payments, shipping suggestions, .......  Really anything anyone can help me with would be appreciated.

As I haven't sold anything through the trading post before is it recommended to sell some lesser valued stuff first to build up ones credibility? I do have a few choices pieces that I would then sell at a later date.

Grading and valuation is always a hard issue, I live in Kelowna, BC and was wondering if someone might recommend someone (close by) who might be able to have a quick look to help me out.

Thanks

Rod Smith
KelownaGuy
KelownaGuy
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 12:17:51 am »

Sorry forgot to ask if there is any information on how to properly scan the bills. For instance resolutions, background colours,..... Any link to appropriate threads would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

KelownaGuy
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 07:11:01 am »

Sorry forgot to ask if there is any information on how to properly scan the bills. For instance resolutions, background colours,..... Any link to appropriate threads would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

KelownaGuy

just follow the instructions here and the pics will be fine..

http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?topic=9190.0

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Aubrey993
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 03:06:38 pm »

PM sent.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 06:24:48 pm »

Grading and valuation is always a hard issue, I live in Kelowna, BC and was wondering if someone might recommend someone (close by) who might be able to have a quick look to help me out

Unless the note is of some consequence (ie rare or unusual) I would not get too worked up about grading the notes you wish to sell.  No offence, but many collectors here will likely be a little skeptical of you's or a "newbie's" grade anyway.   (Don't take offence because we're all a bit skeptical of a note's grade until we actually see it!) 

Just provide a decent scan of the front and back and that should suffice.  If there are defects (like tear or ink spots) it is common courtesy to let others know.  Grading only becomes an issue if you make it an issue (such as sticking your neck out to state an outlandish claim that a note is Unc when its clear it has been circulated).  If you are uncertain of a note's grade it is better to state that "you think it may be... EF, VF, etc" or just let the viewer decide for themselves.   

Some collectors prefer to know what kind of ballpark figure $_ you are looking to get for each note while others would rather make an offer.  If you don't have a Charlton guide to Canadian paper money it may be a good idea to go your library and have a look or buy one. 

Hope this helps. 

Login with username, password and session length